Women’s and Children’s Crisis Fund
The Bathurst Spring Garden Spectacular committee (part of Bathurst Gardeners Club Inc.) selected Central West Women’s Health Centre Inc. (CWWHC) as a recipient to receive donations from the November 2016 garden fees collected. The fees were donated specifically to help women and children in crisis which enabled this fund to be created. The amount donated to CWWHC in Nov 2016 was $15,000. Other donations may be added to this fund at any time deemed appropriate.
To financially assist women or children in crisis to achieve outcomes related to the NSW & National Health Priorities for Women:
- Supporting healthy lifestyles, including nutrition & physical activity
- Promoting awareness of the risks of chronic disease
- Promoting good mental health and social wellbeing
- Providing reproductive and sexual health prevention, screening, treatment, education and providing women with options for managing fertility
- Improving responses to sexual, domestic and family violence against women
- Providing support for women with disability and women with caring responsibilities
Where possible, we seek to assist in further empowering women & children rather than being a provider of ‘charity’.
To be an eligible candidate to receive assistance from this fund a candidate must be:
- a woman, who is a resident in Bathurst region (2795), Blayney Shire or Oberon Shire,
- or a child accessing our Child, Adolescent Trauma Service
- experiencing financial hardship
- and whose health priorities are being compromised by the lack of financial resources
Priority will be given to women/children demonstrating most need.
If you are a current client of our centre and require assistance with Dental treatment, please talk to one of our friendly staff.
Please contact the Centre to discuss your eligibility and the procedures to be implemented.
CENTRAL WEST WOMEN’S HEALTH CENTRE
20 William Street
Bathurst, NSW, 2795
Phone: 02 6331 4133
Fax: 02 6332 4310
Accredited at Certificate & Award Levels of the Australian Service Excellence Standards
9.00 am - 5.00 pm
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday
(Closed between 12.30 - 1.30)
Tuesday 9.00 - 5.00 pm (Closed between 12.30 - 3.00pm)
Bathurst City Life, Bathurst Spring Garden Spectacular (hosted by Bathurst Gardner's Club Inc.), Bowman Dental, ClubGrants (Bathurst Regional Council, Bathurst RSL, & Bathurst Panthers), Country Women's Association of NSW (Bathurst branch), Rotary Club of Bathurst Daybreak, 2bs Gold & B-Rock FM, Western Advocate & Times, Maddocks Foundation.