Courses and Workshops
We provide a wide range of health education sessions and groups covering a range of women’s health issues, aimed at promoting good health and well-being among women of all ages.
Join one of our groups or sessions:
- Bringing up Great Kids – (Dates to be advised) A reflective parenting program. Click here to view the evaluation summary for this program.
- Eight Stage Healing Process for Women Survivors of Abuse – (Mon 8th Oct- Mon 10th Dec 2018). This is a ten week therapeutic process for women over 18 years who have experienced any form of abuse (including domestic/family violence, emotional, sexual, social, religious, physical, or financial abuse). Click here to view the information sheet & evaluation of the program.
- Exploring Death & Dying – (Dates to be advised). Join other women to explore the issues relating to preparation for dying and death (including getting your affairs in order, having those difficult conversations). Click here to view the evaluation summary for this for this workshop.
- Exploring Loss in Life – (Dates to be advised). An opportunity to explore the losses you’ve experienced in life. Click here to view the evaluation summary for this workshop.
- Health & Wellness Seminar for Post-menopausal Women – ( Wed 5 Sep 2018). A free seminar providing women 65 years and older with important information, resources and tips to stay healthy and well. Click here to view the evaluation summary for the seminar.
- Infant Massage – (Mon 22 Oct-19 Nov 2018).Learn different interventions to support the development of early parent- baby relationships, most effective in promoting early infant mental health development.
- Introducing Mindfulness – (Thu 22 Nov-13 Dec 2018). You will learn an easy way of paying attention that may help you cope with everyday life or deal with those tough times. A great way to improve mental and physical health. Click here to view the evaluation summary for this program.
- Living Well with Chronic Illness – (Tue 18 Sep 2018). A workshop for women experiencing any form of chronic illness/disease. Click here to view the evaluation summary for this workshop.
- Making a Difference to Domestic/Family Violence Workshop – An early intervention/prevention workshop focusing on acting to address gender inequality and stereo-typing. One of the key drivers of domestic/family violence is gender inequality and gender stereotyping. This is one area that all businesses/organisations/individuals could make a difference. The facilitated 2.5 hour workshop is pitched at businesses, community groups/organisations and service clubs therefore it is not a therapeutic process. Click here to view the evaluation summary for this workshop.
- Midlife Metamorphosis – (Wed 6-27 Feb 2019) A group for women approaching midlife, menopause, mood and more. Click here to view the evaluation summary for this program.
- Mothers & Daughters– A group to help mothers and daughters understand and deal with changes that take place during puberty and adolescence. Click here to view the evaluation summary for this Service.
- Out of the Dark – This program aims to help women better understand family violence, make informed choices and regain control of their lives. Click here to view the evaluation summary for this program.
- Pilates for Women- Pilates activates the deeper layers of muscle and builds core strength, improving posture, breathing, flexibility and state of mind.
- Women’s Walking Group – Click here to view the evaluation summary for this service.
Our meeting room is available for women’s groups to use. Phone the Centre for booking details.
CENTRAL WEST WOMEN’S HEALTH CENTRE
20 William Street
Bathurst, NSW, 2795
Phone: 02 6331 4133
Fax: 02 6332 4310
Accredited at Certificate & Award Levels of the Australian Service Excellence Standards
9.00 am - 5.00 pm
Monday, Wednesday & Thursday
(Closed between 12.30 - 1.30)
Tuesday 1.30 - 5.00 pm
Bathurst City Life, Bathurst Spring Garden Spectacular (hosted by Bathurst Gardner's Club Inc.), Bowman Dental, ClubGrants (Bathurst Regional Council, Bathurst RSL, & Bathurst Panthers), Country Women's Association of NSW (Bathurst branch), Rotary Club of Bathurst Daybreak, 2bs Gold & B-Rock FM, Western Advocate & Times, Maddocks Foundation.