Courses and Workshops
We provide a wide range of health education sessions and groups covering a range of women’s health issues, aimed at promoting good health and well-being among women of all ages.
Join one of our groups or sessions:
- Bringing up Great Kids – (Dates to be advised) A reflective parenting program. Click here to view the evaluation summary for this program.
- Exploring Death & Dying – (Dates to be advised). Join other women to explore the issues relating to preparation for dying and death (including getting your affairs in order, having those difficult conversations). Click here to view the evaluation summary for this for this workshop.
- Exploring Loss in Life – (Dates to be advised). An opportunity to explore the losses you’ve experienced in life. Click here to view the evaluation summary for this workshop.
- Health & Wellness Seminar for Post-menopausal Women – (2019 date to be advised). A free seminar providing women 65 years and older with important information, resources and tips to stay healthy and well. Click here to view the evaluation summary for the seminar.
- Introducing Mindfulness – (1 Apr – 6 May 2019). You will learn an easy way of paying attention that may help you cope with everyday life or deal with those tough times. A great way to improve mental and physical health. Click here to view the evaluation summary for this program.
- Living Well with Chronic Illness – (Dates to be advised). A workshop for women experiencing any form of chronic illness/disease. Click here to view the evaluation summary for this workshop.
- Making a Difference to Domestic/Family Violence Workshop – An early intervention/prevention workshop focusing on acting to address gender inequality and stereo-typing. One of the key drivers of domestic/family violence is gender inequality and gender stereotyping. This is one area that all businesses/organisations/individuals could make a difference. The facilitated 2.5 hour workshop is pitched at businesses, community groups/organisations and service clubs therefore it is not a therapeutic process. Click here to view the evaluation summary for this workshop.
- Midlife Metamorphosis – (Feb 2020 – Dates TBA) A group for women approaching midlife, menopause, mood and more. Click here to view the evaluation summary for this program.
- Mothers & Daughters– (Wed 12 – 26 June 2019) A group to help mothers and daughters understand and deal with changes that take place during puberty and adolescence. Click here to view the evaluation summary for this Service.
- Out of the Dark – ( 2 May – 6 Jun 2019) This program aims to help women better understand family violence, make informed choices and regain control of their lives. Click here to view the evaluation summary for this program.
- Women’s Walking Group – Make new friends and stay active with our weekly walking group Click here to view the evaluation summary for this service.
- Yoga coming soon
Our meeting room is available for women’s groups to use. Phone the Centre for booking details.
CENTRAL WEST WOMEN’S HEALTH CENTRE
20 William Street
Bathurst, NSW, 2795
Phone: 02 6331 4133
Fax: 02 6332 4310
Accredited at Certificate & Award Levels of the Australian Service Excellence Standards
9.00 am - 5.00 pm
Monday, Wednesday & Thursday
(Closed between 12.30 - 1.30)
Tuesday 9.00 - 5.00 pm (Closed between 12.30 - 3.00pm)
Bathurst City Life, Bathurst Spring Garden Spectacular (hosted by Bathurst Gardner's Club Inc.), Bowman Dental, ClubGrants (Bathurst Regional Council, Bathurst RSL, & Bathurst Panthers), Country Women's Association of NSW (Bathurst branch), Rotary Club of Bathurst Daybreak, 2bs Gold & B-Rock FM, Western Advocate & Times, Maddocks Foundation.