Courses and Workshops
– We provide a wide range of health education sessions and groups covering a range of women’s health issues, aimed at promoting good health and well-being among women of all ages.
Join one of our groups or sessions:
- Bringing Up Great Kids – (2020 dates TBA) A four week reflective parenting program, learning how to provide a caring, supportive growing experience for children. This group is for parents and carers of children, aged 0-17yrs, who have experienced domestic/family violence, abuse, neglect, who are at risk of significant harm (ROSH), or are in ‘out of home care’.
- Friendship Group – Each Friday (except Public Holidays) – All women are welcome to come along to the Friendship group to meet new people and make new friends. Tea, coffee and activities provided by CWWHC.
- Health Seminars for Women presented by Dr Josephine Braid – this series of seminars will provide women with important information and tips to gain an understanding of the basics of good health. The individual seminars are: Women’s Health- the Hormone Soup Dance (Thurs 25 Jul 2019), Gut Health – Where Good Health Starts (Thurs 29 Aug 2019), Better Brain Health (Thurs 26 Sept 2019), Stress – We Need to Address Your Stress (Thurs 31 Oct 2019), and Sleep – Why you can’t Live Without It (Thurs 28 Nov 2019)
- Health & Wellness Seminar for Post-menopausal Women – (2020 date TBA). A seminar aimed at providing women, 65 years and older, with important information, resources and tips to stay healthy and well. Click here to view the evaluation summary for the seminar.
- Introducing Mindfulness – (2020 dates TBA). You will learn an easy way of paying attention that may help you cope with everyday life or deal with those tough times. A great way to improve mental and physical health. Click here to view the evaluation summary for this program.
- Midlife Metamorphosis – (2020 – Dates TBA) A group for women approaching midlife, menopause, mood and more. Click here to view the evaluation summary for this program.
- Mothers & Daughters– (4 – 18 March 2020) A group to help mothers and daughters understand and deal with changes that take place during puberty and adolescence. Click here to view the evaluation summary for this Service.
- Out of the Dark – (2020 dates TBA) This program aims to help women better understand family violence, make informed choices and regain control of their lives. Click here to view the evaluation summary for this program.
- Women’s Walking Group – Make new friends and stay active with our weekly walking group Click here to view the evaluation summary for this service.
- Yoga Classes – please contact the centre on (02) 6331 4133 for details.
Our meeting room is available for women’s groups to use. Phone the Centre for booking details.
CENTRAL WEST WOMEN’S HEALTH CENTRE
20 William Street
Bathurst, NSW, 2795
Phone: 02 6331 4133
Fax: 02 6332 4310
Accredited at Certificate & Award Levels of the Australian Service Excellence Standards
9.00 am - 5.00 pm
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday
(Closed between 12.30 - 1.30)
Tuesday 9.00 - 5.00 pm (Closed between 12.30 - 3.00pm)
Bathurst City Life, Bathurst Spring Garden Spectacular (hosted by Bathurst Gardner's Club Inc.), Bowman Dental, ClubGrants (Bathurst Regional Council, Bathurst RSL, & Bathurst Panthers), Country Women's Association of NSW (Bathurst branch), Rotary Club of Bathurst Daybreak, 2bs Gold & B-Rock FM, Western Advocate & Times, Maddocks Foundation.