OUR MISSION, VALUES, SERVICE PRINCIPLES & HEALTH PRIORITIES
Welcome to Central West Women’s Health Centre, a community based service run by women for women. Women of all ages, cultures, sexual orientation, gender identity and beliefs are welcome. We believe every woman has the right to make her own informed decisions about her health and her life.
Our trained team has a wide range of skills that cater for your health care needs. We aim to improve women’s mental and physical well-being by promoting healthy lifestyles and access to reproductive health services. We also provide services for women that are experiencing depression and affected by violence.
We provide a unique, holistic, women-centred preventative and treatment approach to health and well-being to empower women and children from all cultures to make informed choices throughout their lives.
We achieve this by:
- Providing a trauma specialist service with a variety of approaches.
- Educating women and children.
- Providing a safe place for women and children to access services.
- Advocating for and supporting women from a feminist perspective.
Our early intervention, prevention and treatment approaches assist with reducing future health costs by addressing the many underlying issues that lead to adverse mental and physical health conditions if not treated appropriately.
- Dignity – we treat all people in a way that is respectful of their diversity and as valued individuals.
- Compassion – in our interactions with people, we strive to be kind and empathic.
- Optimism – the unwavering belief in the positive potential inherent in people and society.
- We are a community based, non-government organisation run by and for women.
- We are a public benevolent institution providing a direct service to disadvantaged women.
- We focus on prevention and early intervention.
- We work in partnership with other agencies.
- We are accessible to all women.
- We strive to maintain ethical standards in all our activities.
- We are committed to best practice.
- Our work environment reflects our values.
Health Priorities for Women (NSW & National):
- Supporting healthy lifestyles, including nutrition & physical activity.
- Promoting awareness of the risks of chronic disease.
- Promoting good mental health and social wellbeing.
- Providing reproductive and sexual health prevention, screening, treatment, education and providing women with options for managing fertility.
- Improving responses to sexual, domestic and family violence against women.
- Providing support for women with disability and women with caring responsibilities.
The Central West Women’s Health Centre is an organisation governed by a volunteer Board voted in at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) by the members of the organisation.
CENTRAL WEST WOMEN’S HEALTH CENTRE
20 William Street
Bathurst, NSW, 2795
Phone: 02 6331 4133
Fax: 02 6332 4310
Accredited at Certificate & Award Levels of the Australian Service Excellence Standards
9.00 am - 5.00 pm
Monday, Wednesday & Thursday
(Closed between 12.30 - 1.30)
Tuesday 9.00 - 5.00 pm (Closed between 12.30 - 3.00pm)
Bathurst City Life, Bathurst Spring Garden Spectacular (hosted by Bathurst Gardner's Club Inc.), Bowman Dental, ClubGrants (Bathurst Regional Council, Bathurst RSL, & Bathurst Panthers), Country Women's Association of NSW (Bathurst branch), Rotary Club of Bathurst Daybreak, 2bs Gold & B-Rock FM, Western Advocate & Times, Maddocks Foundation.