OUR MISSION, VALUES, SERVICE PRINCIPLES & HEALTH PRIORITIES
Welcome to Central West Women’s Health Centre, a community based service run by women for women. Women of all ages, cultures, sexual orientation, gender identity and beliefs are welcome. We believe every woman has the right to make her own informed decisions about her health and her life.
Our trained team has a wide range of skills that cater for your health care needs. We aim to improve women’s mental and physical well-being by promoting healthy lifestyles and access to reproductive health services. We also provide services for women that are experiencing depression and affected by violence.
We provide a unique, holistic women-centred preventative and treatment approach to health and well-being. We empower women and children of all ages, cultures, sexual orientation and gender identity to make informed choices throughout their lives.
We achieve this by:
- Providing a trauma specialist service with a variety of approaches.
- Educating women and children.
- Providing a safe place for women and children to access services.
- Advocating for and supporting women from a feminist perspective.
Our early intervention, prevention and treatment approaches assist with reducing future health costs by addressing the many underlying issues that lead to adverse mental and physical health conditions if not treated appropriately.
- Being non-judgemental and positive.
- Working competently, knowledgeably and effectively, taking responsibility for our decisions and being transparent in our efforts.
- Educating, supporting and encouraging women to realise and utilise their own abilities.
- Working in a dynamic and flexible way to meet community and individual needs.
- We are a community based, non-government organisation run by and for women.
- We are a public benevolent institution providing a direct service to disadvantaged women.
- We focus on prevention and early intervention.
- We work in partnership with other agencies.
- We are accessible to all women.
- We strive to maintain ethical standards in all our activities.
- We are committed to best practice.
- Our work environment reflects our values.
Health Priorities for Women (NSW):
- To promote Healthy Relationships by engaging with women and girls to ensure healthier relationship choices.
- To encourage Healthy Minds through informing, supporting and empowering good mind/mental health and social wellbeing.
- To encourage Healthy Lifestyles by promoting good nutrition, encouraging physical activity and promoting awareness of the risks of chronic disease.
- To enable Healthy Bodies by providing reproductive and sexual health prevention, education, screening, treatment, and referral.
- To Advocate for Safety for Women and girls through provision of information, support and referral.
- To enable Integrated Care through creating a no wrong door approach to accessing health (physical, mental, sexual and emotional) services.
The Central West Women’s Health Centre is an organisation governed by a volunteer Board voted in at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) by the members of the organisation.
CENTRAL WEST WOMEN’S HEALTH CENTRE
7 Lee Street
Kelso, NSW, 2795
Phone: 02 6331 4133
Fax: 02 6332 4310
Accredited at Certificate Level of the Australian Service Excellence Standards
9.00 am - 5.00 pm
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday
(Closed between 12.30 - 1.30)
We acknowledge the Wiradjuri people, the traditional custodians of the land on which we live and work, and pay our respects to Elders past, present and emerging
Bathurst Spring Garden Spectacular (hosted by Bathurst Gardner's Club Inc.), Bowman Dental, Central West Village Voice, Cleary Fairbrother Property, ClubGrants (Bathurst Regional Council, Bathurst RSL, & Bathurst Panthers), Country Women's Association of NSW (Bathurst branch), Rotary Club of Bathurst Daybreak, 2bs Gold & B-Rock FM, 2MCE, Western Advocate & Times, The Honda Foundation